April 27, 2015
Great appreciation for the impact created by Community Mental Health Project (CMHP), a unit of M.S. Chellamuthu Trust and Research Foundation (MSCT&RF) by ‘THE HINDU’ daily, Madurai, on 27.04.2015.
Community Mental Health initiative of MSCT&RF was born to bridge the large gap between need for mental health services in the rural areas on one hand and dearth of quality resources available to meet this need for basic mental health care. With more than 10 years of successful completion of the CMHP, team from ‘THE HINDU’ interacted with us for sharing our rich experience in reaching out to the needy.
In their news article (dated 27.04.2015), they have highlighted some of our main activities:
• Identification survey
• Providing Mental Health care at their door steps
• Awareness training to the Parents and Community
• Vocational training to the Persons with mental disabilities (PWMD)
• Helping them to avail Government welfare programs
• Integrating the differently abled persons into mainstream life.
• The Income Generation Programs
1. Nambikkai Grocery Shop at Poomalai Vaniga Valagam, Anna Bus Stand, Madurai.
2. Nambikkai Laundry at Pandiyan Nagar, Kaurppaurani ) carried out by the Self Help Groups ( Members are from the families of PWMD and recovered PWMD ).For more information, see the link below(source www.thehindu.com).