Centre for vocational Rehabilitation and placement is a unit of M.S. Chellamuthu Trust and Research Foundation Started in the year1995. Our dreams and wish is that all the persons with mental disabilities should be recognized in our society as a parcel of our society for which we are providing medical, Rehabilitation, Vocational training and Placement.
- To enhance the work behavior for the person with mental disability
- To provide on the job training for the person with mental disability according to their ability and interest.
- To enable the person with mentally disabled with social skills through life skill education programme on every Thursday.
- To give psycho social education for the parents of mentally disabled in order to reduce family burden.
- To acquire job placement according to their work skills.
Phase I – Assessment
- Medical – extent of disability and residual capacities
- Social – preparation of complete bio data of the individual
- Psychological – Intelligence, aptitude, interest, personality characteristic etc
- Work – adaptability to work performance in and adjustment to work situations and ability to learn
- Special evaluation for ADL
- Special evaluation for higher cortical evaluation
Phase-II Training and rehabilitation
Phase-III Follow up
Based on the client issues or problem therapist will be conduct counseling.( per week 10 session will be conduct).
- Referral from Doctor
- Application form with prospectus could be availed at op by making a payment of Rs-50\-
- Filled in application form need to be submitted in VTC.
- During the admission the applicant have to pay RS.500\-as Admission fees.
- The applicant will be under trial period for 15days, and during this period, a detailed assessment would be done by Professionals.
- The admission committee will decide about their admission. It after admission, the resident has to pay Rs1,000/- as training fee and the discharge of the residents will be based on the repart submitted by the social work
- Duration of the Vocational Training is minimum of 1year.
Criteria for Selection
- Person with mental retardation (Mild, Moderate)
- Person with mental illness and associated disorder.
- Person need to have attended special education or rehabilitation training.
- Age-14 to 45 years
- Sex-Male and Female are eligible for training.
- All the person should be independently manageable by themselves ,
A. Rehabilitation activities and programme
- A well ventilated and spacious training hall with water and other facility is available.
- Play ground
- On the job training is give under supportive environment.
- The trainees undergo Placement with the support of their parents and social worker.
- Follow-up session of placement is undertaken by the social worker
- Free from symptom and behavior
- Regular intake of medicine
- He/she has to do work for minimum 5 hrs.
- He/ she has to understood his illness
- If he got more score in work behavior assessment then the psychiatrist social worker decide to recommend discharge form here