Goals of treatment should be
- Helping clients to give up alcohol / drugs completely
- Effecting attitudinal / behavioural changes leading to improvement in quality of life
To achieve these goals, some of the important therapeutic tools are
- Detoxification with medication under the supervision of a physician / psychiatrist
- Treating co-occurring medical and psychiatric conditions (depression is a common issue)
- Conducting group therapy to help them share their feelings and also learn from other members
- Providing individual counseling to the patient and his family members to deal with individual issues
- Conducting re-educative sessions on a few important issues like the disease concept, methods to stay sober, prevention of relapse and methods to improve quality of life
- Sharing by recovering alcoholics who have been sober for a minimum of one year
- Conduct a few sessions for the family members to understand the disease of addiction, their role in supporting the recovering individual.
Objectives of Trishul
To Enable the Person Dependent on Alcohol and Drugs to recover and lead a sober Life.
Based on the above mentioned objective, we are providing the service on Three aims
For Prevention we are providing awareness camp for different sectors namely Public, Students, SHG Members, Police, Parents group, Anganwadi workers, etc.
Under treatment we are providing the Free Treatment for the Patient Dependent on Alcohol and Drugs as an instay Programme with the help of Medical and Psycho social Management.
Under Medical Management the Patient will be given Medication along with De-toxification process and disulfiram Trreatment
Under Psychological Management the Patient will be provided with Group Counselling, Individual Counselling and Family Counselling.
Rehabilitation is provided when they come for follow up for minimum 2 years and the follow up programme organized once in Two Months.