Family Fellowship for the Persons with Mental Disabilities
- The families of the Mentally Disabled Persons most often the primary care giver are under enormous stress every day. The day today task involved in caring for a dependent, sudden crisis, worry, financial problems, searching for community services, coping with bureaucracy, Squeezing out precious moments for other family members, depletes and robs the care givers energy.
- SUBITCHAM – is a non-profit, registered, Non-Government Family Fellowship comprising of care givers as members. Dr.C.Ramasubramanian, Founder & Consultant Psychiatrist and Mrs.R.Rajkumari, Executive Director of M.S.Chellamuthu Trust & Research Foundation as patrons, supported this initiative, since 1999.
It is functioning with a mission of “assisting all families whose member are suffering from mental disability and to improve their quality of life”.
- The main objectives of this family fellowship are
- Removal of stigma regarding mentally disabled persons, among the public.
- Motivating the care givers regarding the treatment available for person with mental illness.
- Availing professional help for educating, training and rehabilitating.
- Conducting seminars, workshops, rallies, etc in building awareness towards mental illness.
- Providing vocational training to beneficiaries, with the help of professionals.
- Networking & Lobbying with similar organisation at the National & International levels.
- Mobilizing resources for self sufficiency and for implementing programmes.
- Liasoning with government sectors to avail welfare measures.
Activities & Programmes
Core activities which includes Periodical meeting with Care givers on every 4th Sunday, distribution of free medicines and Tie up with Govt. hospital to avail medicines, Arranging for traveling concessions(Railway/Bus), Assisting in availing family pension for their wards, Organising picnic and outing programmes periodically, Organising income generating activities, Celebrating world mental health week (October), Celebrating world disabled day (December), Establishment of vocational training centres, Home visits and formation of Self Help Groups.
Members of SUBITCHAM hails from different socio-economic, Educational background, Comprising of industrialist, Educationalist, Agriculturalist, Private & Government sector employees and Pensioners with a membership strength of 335.
Madurai – 20.
Mobile: +91 93446 37109
Office: 0452 – 2532735, 2580405